Founded by Henry Birks
- Henry apprenticed with Savage and Lyman.
- Grew to be one of the largest jewelry firms in Canada
- Equal partners in the firm until their deaths.
- Gerald W.
- John Henry
- William Massey
- Heart-Shaped Box tradition launched.
- William Birks headed the company.
- Opened stores in:
- Ottawa, 1901
- Winnipeg, 1903
- Vancouver, 1907
- Flagship 18,000 square foot store on Square Phillips.
- Famous Blue Box introduced.
- Royal Warrant of Appointment.
- Silversmith to His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.
- Opened their first jewelry store in a shopping center.
- Henry Gifford Birks, son of William, became President.
- Jonathan Birks sold the company to Dr. Lorenzo Rossi di Montelera, majority owners.
- Diamonds-International award for La plume de Cyrano.