- Charles Bolin of Sweden moved to St. Petersburg and married the daughter of a jeweler, entering the jewelry business.
- Charles & Henrik Bolin founded a firm in St. Petersburg (and later, Moscow).
- Entered jewelry in the Great Exhibition.
- Became jewelers to the Russian Imperial Court.
- King Gustav V of Sweden requested that William Bolin open a branch in Stockholm.
- Stocked the new location with goods from the now closed German Branch.
- Inventory and company records lost as a result of the Russian Revolution.