- Founded by Louis François Cartier.
- Princess Mathilde became a customer.
- Son, Alfred, joined the firm.
- Egyptian Revival pushed Cartier to the pinnacle of the world of jewelry.
- London branch established.
- Royal Warrant: King Edward VII, England.
- Royal Warrant: King Alfonso XIII, Spain.
- Queen Alexandra of England wears the Resille necklace.
- Royal Warrant: King Carlos I of Portugal.
- Royal Warrant: King Paramindr Maha Chulalongkorn, Siam
- New York branch opens
- Royal Warrant: King George I, Greece
- Royal Warrant: Duke Philippe d'Orleans
- Royal Warrant: King Edward VIII.
- Trinity Ring and Bracelet.
- Jeanne Toussaint The Panther became Director of Fine Jewelry.
- Royal Warrant: Prince Louis II, Monaco.
- Freed Bird Jewel
- Panther Brooch ordered by the Duchess of Windsor.