(1880 - 1916)
An English jeweller known for its Art Nouveau jewellery. In 1880, the firm first opened its doors at Seville Street in Knightsbridge, London. While initially producing neo-Renaissance jewellery, Child and Child later created beautiful Art Nouveau and Edwardian jewels. Its bright, beautiful enamel work won the firm acclaim and even Royal patronage. Its pieces often featured peacock, insect, or wing motif designs and were typically fabricated in silver. From 1891 until 1916, Child and Child was located at 35 Alfred Place, Kensington. In 1916, it closed its doors.
|Child & Child|