- Started by John McFarlane opened a silversmith workshop across the street from Paul Revere.
- William Shreve (1835-1919) joined Shreve & Co.
- Went east to join the Ninth New York Militia and later the Second United States Sharp Shooters during the Civil War.
- William Shreve returned to Boston and formed Shreve, Stanwood & Co. which became Shreve, Crump & Low.
- Consolidation of various firms created the name Shreve, Crump & Low.
- Davis Cup tennis trophy commissioned.
- Created the Cy Young Cup.
- Still in business today.