The firm of Drayson, London was founded in 1936. The firm’s owner, Keith Drayson established the business in Bond Street. As the Art Deco influence in their designs began to evolve, Drayson’s jewels became increasingly abstract. Known for producing excellent quality jewelry, elegant in nature, they became exceedingly bold as the 1960’s approached. The firm sold the name to S.J. Rood & Co. and Rood was purchased by Hancocks and Co. in 1998.