Jabez Gorham (1792-1869)
- Apprentice to Nehemiah Dodge
- Clock and watch maker
- Gold beads, earrings, pins, rings and French filigree.
- Gorham chain
- 1st to wholesale jewelry in America
J. Gorham & Son
- Manufactured household items in silver.
Gorham Manufacturing Company
- William Christmas Codman
- Ernest W. Campbell
- E. Magnussen
- Using steam power they revolutionized silver production in America.
- Mass produced silverware.
- Attempted to follow the English craft revival movement.
- Special design group was established.
- Lead by English silversmith William Codman.
- Produced jewelry and silverwork in the crafts tradition.
- Silver & Jewelry in the Art Nouveau style by Gorham.
c.1915: – c.1950: Providence RI