Call Us (800) 924-2213 • Mon - Sat 10:30 to 5:30 PST

Description

Specialties

  • Workshops for Jewelry & Silverware
  • Founded by Clara P. B. Welles
  • Simple silver jewelry with natural motifs & visible hammer marks.
  • Created jewelry and copper trays, desk accessories, etc. for there shop on Michigan Ave.
  • Early designs were angular, later they were know for rounding edges for strength.
  • Later added a full line of silver table items.

1914

  • Workshop moved from the Welle’s home to the shop at 32 N. Michigan Ave.

Later

  • Purchased a building on Ontario Street for the shop and the workshop.

1936

  • Moved to 222 S. Michigan Ave.

Designers

  • Clara P. B. Welles
  • George S. Wells

Apprentices

  • Julius Randahl
  • Matthias Hanck
  • Emery Todd
  • Esther Meacham