- Jonathan Mappin opened a small cutlery workshop in Sheffield.
- The first Mappin Silver Maker’s Mark was registered.
- First London showroom was opened.
- Jonathan’s four great grandsons took over the company.
- John Mappin (the youngest grandson) broke away and formed Mappin & Company.
- John Newton Mappin joined with George Webb to establish Mappin & Webb.
- Fine silver, jewelry, watches and clocks.
- Royal Warrant granted by Queen Victoria in the year of her diamond jubilee.
- John Newton Mappin purchased Mappin Brothers.
- A. Hatfield (until 1935)
c.1930s Executed designs for
- Arthur Edward Harvey
- Keith Murray
- James Warwick
- Joined the Asprey group.
- Privately owned by the retail group Aurum Holdings.
- Hold a Royal Warrant as Sliversmiths to the Queen and The Prince of Wales.