Founder Margot Van Vorhies Carr
- Arrived in Mexico City from America.
- Met & Married Antonio Castillo of Los Castillo, moving to Taxco.
- Opened a workshop and retail outlet.
- Inventory #s for silver 5100-5707
- for enamel 5109-5922
- Silver and enamel
- Perfected a champlevé enamel on silver technique first developed by Reveriano Castillo & Miguel Melendez.
- Heavily influenced by Art Deco and Art Nouveau.
- Fascinated by Japanese art.
- She designed everything they produced.
- She produced a lot of suites and convertible jewelry.
- Miguel Arias
- Hilario Lopez
- Miguel Melendez
- Melicio Rodriguez
- Jaime Quiroz
- Margot drew out each design and specified how it was to be produced.
- Steel dies were made in her workshop and all pieces were stamped out from them.
- Workers assembled, enameled, polished and completed the pieces.
- Margot’s death