Marshall Field and Co.
c.1904, c.1915, c.1950
c.1915: Adams, Quincy, Franklin & Wells Sts. Chicago IL
- Department Store with a metalsmithing shop on the 10th floor – The Craft Shop.
- Combined machinery and hand craftsmanship to create contemporary “craft” styles for their customers.
- Highly specialized workers with each step being completed by a different “specialist.”
- Tea sets
- Desk sets
- Hat Pins
- Worked mostly in brass with some silver, gold & platinum.
- Sold metalworking kits to home hobbyists.
- As craftsmen retired, it became increasingly difficult to find replacements.