- Luxury Watch Company.
- Started by Jean-Marc Vacheron (1731-1805).
- Created the first complication.
- First engine-turned dials.
- Abraham Vacheron, Jean-Marc’s son, takes over.
- Jaques-Barthélemy Vacheron, grandson of Jean-Marc, runs the company.
- Jaques-Barthélemy’s export expansion requires a business partner.
- Partnership established with Francois Constantin and firm was renamed Vacheron et Constantin.
- Georges-Auguste Leschot joined the firm and invented standardized caliber watch movements.
- Georges-Auguste Leschot invented a pantographic device for engraving small watch parts.
- First nonmagnetic timepiece able to withstand magnetic fields.
- Became a stock company.
- Company was renamed, dropping the “et” between the names.
- Bought out by Richemont Group.