From a technical and an artistic point of view, this bracelet is extremely attractive and rare; if considering the manufacturing techniques, the combination and refinement of the applied competences and skills of the ancient craftsman that make this artifact more than exceptional worldwide.
The second bracelet (MLA 1742/19) is manufactured with an entirely different technique. It consists of a quadruple loop-in-loop chain, with a wire diameter of 0.4mm. and a chain length of 180 mm. At both ends of the chain, an inner tapering wire pivot is inserted through the scarab’s suspension-hole to allow swiveling; the wire is wound into and around the bracelet’s final loops, coiled fourfold around itself to secure the scarab. The scarab is set inside an elliptical bezel, with its sides at both ends smoothly rounded off, two globules (recalling dung-balls) holding the scarab. The globules are embossed, joined to the bezel by fusing. Both globules show a round hole in the lower part, to allow the connecting tapered wire to pass through. The scarab is carved both on the soft round top and flat on the backside, its surface is decorated with an inscription showing Egyptian hieroglyphics: on its lower part, two goddesses seated side by side and three “beathyls” topped by a cartouche. The cartouche is typically evidence of objects often associated with Pharaoh.