Art Deco 4.97 Carat Antique Cushion-Cut Diamond & Sapphire Ring - GIA I SI1
When you purchase a ring at Lang Antiques the first sizing is complementary.Please note the following:
- Most rings can be sized up or down one size unless noted and sometimes can be sized more.
- Keep in mind that most rings were made to the scale of the size. Large rings are usually too broad across for a small finger and visa versa.
- Feel free to contact our sizing department to discuss any ring you are considering. Please include your phone number so we can gather information to best size you.
- If you provide us with an incorrect size there will be an additional charge for the second sizing.
- The process is similar to fitting a tailored suit or an intricate wedding dress
- The metal (platinum or gold and the karat of gold)
- The method of manufacture
- The size it needs to be and whether we are sizing up or down
- Shape of fingers - tapered or larger knuckles
- Fingers swell and change size over the course of the day, after eating salty food or on a hot day
- We have a team of highly skilled jewelers who specialize in restoration of antique and period jewelry who are experts at sizing.
- How long does it take? Sizing a ring takes 10 working days plus or minus.
- When a ring is made larger we typically cut the base of the shank and add metal. We quality control all our sizings with a microscope and you should not be able to see where it was done.
- When a ring is made smaller a piece of metal is cut from the base of the shank where it is then soldered or fused solid again.
- We use traditional as well as modern techniques in the process including Lasers for platinum welding.
- We take great pride in the work our jewelers do and quality control all work with a microscope. If for any reason you have a problem resulting from the work we have done we will correct it.
- We do not guarantee work performed by other jewelers.
Free Domestic Shipping!
We now offer free FedEx 2nd Day shipping on all orders under $10,000 and free FedEx Priority overnight shipping on purchases over $10,000.
All shipments are insured for the full value of the package and require a signature upon delivery. Our insurance requires that someone must be at your address to sign for the package on the delivery date. If there is any deviation from these delivery guidelines, there is no insurance coverage. Your package will be sealed with clear tape over the top of the box and around the flap closures. Please closely examine the package upon receipt. If there appears to be any sign of tampering, do not accept the package and contact us immediately. Orders that are placed after 3 pm Friday through Sunday can be shipped at the earliest on the following Monday. We only ship Monday through Thursday for Priority Overnight shipping, however, Saturday delivery is available upon request for an additional $20. Since a signature is required, we always contact you prior to shipping to confirm that you will be available to receive the package. Once the item is shipped, you will receive an email from Lang or FedEx. Please make sure to check that your package hasn't been tampered with prior to accepting delivery. If you find that something has been opened DO NOT accept the package and please contact us immediately.
If your billing address is a P.O. Box we will ship USPS Registered Insured or USPS Express Overnight depending on the value of the piece. Please note that USPS registered Insured mail can take 3-6 days to arrive. Both options are fully insured. APO addresses have an insurance limit of $5,000 and must be shipped via USPS.
We ship almost all international packages via FedEx International Priority. There is a flat rate of $110 for all International shipments. Shipping charges will apply to all international purchases. We are not able to ship to all locations due to limitations on insurance value and customs procedures.
APO addresses have an insurance limit of $5,000 and must be shipped via USPS.
Instructions for Internet Return-Free return shipping!
You have 10 days from the time your package arrives to return your item for a full refund. All returned jewelry items must be in the same condition as was sent to you. No jewelry will be accepted for return if it is damaged, altered or worn.
Please contact us at 415-982-2213 or 1-800-924-2213 to arrange for your return. We will email you a prepaid FedEx label for you to return your purchase. Please package the jewelry securely so it does not move around in transit. Use a medium FedEx priority box if available and tape the outer flaps of the box for security purposes. When dropping off the return with FedEx, you must obtain a receipt from FedEx.
Once the item is received, we will check the condition of the item and issue a refund, less any sizing charges if applicable, within 3 days of receipt. If you have any questions regarding these procedures please contact us.
ABOUT THIS RING
This big, bold, and blazingly beautiful Art Deco engagement ring - circa 1920s-30s - features a bright white and sparkling antique cushion-cut diamond, weighing in at just under 5 carats (4.97 carats to be exact). The gorgeous stone (accompanied by a GIA Diamond Grading Report stating: I color - SI1 clarity) beams brilliantly atop a delightful, distinctively designed bow motif mounting, hand fabricated in platinum, aglitter with numerous small round diamonds and accented with royal blue calibre sapphires on the shoulders. Decorative hand engraving and millegrain detailing add the finishing flourishes to this breathtaking and impressive Jazz Age jewel. Currently ring size 5.