Lang Repair Policy and Instructions
Lang Repair Policy
Antique and vintage jewelry needs special love and care. Here at Lang, each piece is carefully inspected during our cataloging process to ensure it is in the best possible condition for another lifetime of wear. When necessary, we restore jewelry using the appropriate methods depending on the original method of manufacture, metal and gems. We uphold strict quality standards so that you can wear and cherish your jewelry for many years to come. However, if anything should happen to your piece we are here to help. Please follow instructions below.
Contact Us Immediately:
As soon as you notice any issues with your jewelry please contact us to discuss the problem. Emailing photos is also very helpful. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-924-2213.
First 6 Months after purchase:
We offer the following restorations complimentary, including insured shipping to and from Lang:
• First custom fit sizing
• Replacement of side stones if setting defect is present
• Loose stones not requiring prong work, including center or side stones
• Broken shank if broken at sizing seam
• Damage from defect in jewelry item, not due to normal wear and tear or accident
After 6 Months:
We are happy to help with all of your repair needs after six months, or if the repair is not covered by the list above. Repair and shipping fees will apply.
To receive an estimate we will need to inspect your piece in person. Once we receive the jewelry, our repair specialist will contact you with a cost estimate for you to approve and/or submit to your insurance company.
Cleaning and Check-ups
Cleaning and check-ups on your piece are always complimentary. If you are local, you are able to drop by any time during open hours. If you are not local and need to ship to us for a checkup, shipping charges will apply.
SHIPPING FROM CLIENT TO LANG (applicable if shipping six months after purchase)
Federal Express Priority Overnight $40
Please call or send an email so that we can provide a fully-insured shipping label to you.
USPS Registered Mail
USPS registered mail can take anywhere from 3-6 business days, sometimes longer. Your shipping cost depends on the value of the jewelry, which must be fully insured. You can insure registered mail up to a value of $50,000. This is the most secure shipping method.
USPS Priority Insured Mail
USPS priority insured mail usually takes 2-3 business days. Your shipping cost depends on the value of the jewelry, which must be fully insured. You can insure priority mail up to a value of $5,000.
SHIPPING FROM LANG TO CLIENT (applicable if shipping six months after purchase)
Federal Express Priority Overnight $40
If you choose this method, we will return your jewelry (fully insured) to you via Federal Express Overnight, shipping Monday through Thursday (there is no shipping over the weekend).
USPS Registered Mail $20
If you choose this method, we will return your jewelry (fully insured) to you via the Post Office. Transit will take 3-6 business days, sometimes longer. This is the most secure shipping method.
Federal Express Priority Overnight Instructions:
In order for the package to be insured you must follow these instructions
• Place the item(s) in a small FedEx box and pack it securely so that there is no movement when the box is shaken.
• Please include a note with your contact information indicating the reason for return.
• Tape the flaps on both ends, affix the inner box shipping label.
• Place the small Federal Express box inside a medium Federal Express box and tape both ends of the outer box.
• Affix the outer box shipping label.
• Our insurance requires that there is no indication of jewelry anywhere on the box.
• NOTE: Overnight shipping applies to items shipped Monday—Thursday. DO NOT ship the package so that it is in transit over a weekend. DO NOT ship a package on a Friday; please wait until Monday to ship.
• If you are returning jewelry to Lang: DO NOT reuse the original shipping boxes.
Take the package to a FedEx location where it must be accepted by a FedEx employee. Our insurance requires that the package be scanned in front of you and that you obtain a receipt for the shipment from the Federal Express agent. We will confirm delivery of the package.
USPS Registered Insured Mail Packing Instructions:
We recommend sending your jewelry via registered insured mail with the US Post Office. In preparing your package, you must use gummed reinforced paper tape to seal ALL of the edges. The Post Office usually has tape that you can use or purchase. Using a small package is acceptable, just make sure that the jewelry is securely packed so that there is no rattling when the package is shaken. Include a note which has your contact information and the reason for sending the jewelry. Please call the store or contact us by email to let us know when the package is on its way.
Please address package to: Lang, 309 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94108