Charlton & Co. Opal and Diamond Ring, Circa 1920s
ABOUT THIS RING
A trio of bright and beautiful multi-chromatic Australian opals glisten, gleam and glow within a sparkling frame of small bright-white old mine-cut diamonds (together weighing .70 carat), in this late Edwardian-era finger-hugger. Hand fabricated in platinum over 18K yellow by one of America's most prestigious jeweler's, Charlton & Company.* Currently ring size 6+.
*AJU: Founded in 1909 at 298 Fifth Avenue by John W. Charlton, J.W. Charlton was not known as Charlton & Co. until Robert S. Chapin joined the firm and they moved to 635 Fifth Avenue. In 1919 the operations were taken over by James Todd and Grant A. Peacock. Branches in Paris on rue de la Paix and in Palm Beach followed. In 1943 Peacock gained full ownership and renamed the firm Grant A. Peacock. They are still in business at 450 Park Avenue, New York City.