Three golden fleur-de-lys, each set with rose-cut diamonds, glitter atop a deep, shimmering, vivid green guilloche enamel background on this exceptional pendant watch, complete with its original 20-inch-long matching chain. The chain has white enamel accents on the ends of the bar links and a decorative fleur-de-lys inspired bail. Rare American-made movement signed 'Bigelow, Kennard & Co.', couvet engraved "June 6, 1894 Sept 7 1896", adjusted, Swiss.
John Bigelow founded John Bigelow & Co. as a jewelry business in Boston, Massachusetts in 1830. He was joined by his brother Alanson a few years later, prompting the firm's name to change to Bigelow Bros. & Co. The company expanded its business from jewelry to high quality clocks and watches and altar silverware. The merchandise was privately manufactured and sold at their store in Boston. Martin Parry Kennard joined the firm in 1845, which prompted the company to change its name to Bigelow Bros. & Kennard. After 1863, the firm was named Bigelow, Kennard & Co. The store closed in 1971.