cartouche, diamond, frame, rectangle
cartouche, diamond, frame, rectangle, rhombus
- Goldsmiths and jewelers working in the archaeological style.
- Specialized in goldwork, not precious stones.
‘1814 Castellani apprenticed with his father in Rome.
- Began production of gold jewelry based on early Roman excavations with filigree.
- Advisor at the excavation of the Regulini Galassi tomb with a historic cache of Etruscan metalwork.
- His passion turned to deciphering the secrets of these ancient goldsmiths.
- Closed temporarily due to the Italian political climate
- Fortunato Pio Castellani (1793-1865) retires.
- Alessandro and Augusto Castellani re-opened the workshop
- International Exhibition, London
- Featured their Etruscan-style jewelry with granulation.
- Became a tourist destination for Archeological Revival jewelry. Opening of Paris and London workshops.
- Closed after the death of Alfredo.