- Architect, Sculptor & Designer born in Germany
- Influenced by Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
- Studied architecture in Munich.
- Brunn’s Hohere Staatsgewerbeschule.
- Akademie der bildenden Kunste.
- Awarded the “Rome Prize,” a fellowship.
- Founding member of the Vereinigung bildender Kunstler Osterreichs (Vienna Secession).
- Professor at Kunstgewerbeschule until 1936.
- With Koloman Moser, founded Wiener Werkstätte.
- Designed for Wiener Werkstätte until 1931.
- Goal was to provide quality goods for the home.
- Founded Oesterreichische Werkbund.