The firm of Zolotas, founded in Athens in 1895, is known for their jewelry designs inspired by Greek antiquity.
Zolotas Gold Bracelet.
Photo Courtesy of Sotheby’s
Zolotas Lion Head Bracelet.
Photo Courtesy of Sotheby’s.
Zolotas Ram’s Head Ring.
Photo Courtesy of Doyle.
Maker’s Marks and Timeline
Founder: Efthimios Zolotas, e.1895
- Ancient Byzantine jewelry motifs.
- Opened his “Experimental Laboratory” on Aeolou St., Athens
- Created jewels and tiaras for the Greek Royal family to wear to the coronation of King George V of England.
- 18k yellow gold historical Greek designs.
- Celebrity & aristocratic clientele.
- Moved the business to 10 Panepistimiou Ave., where it remains today
- Opened in Paris.
- 22k gold with texture and colored stones.