The firm of Zolotas, founded in Athens in 1895, is known for their jewelry designs inspired by Greek antiquity.
Maker’s Marks and Timeline
Founder: Efthimios Zolotas, e.1895
- Ancient Byzantine jewelry motifs.
- Opened his “Experimental Laboratory” on Aeolou St., Athens
- Created jewels and tiaras for the Greek Royal family to wear to the coronation of King George V of England.
- 18k yellow gold historical Greek designs.
- Celebrity & aristocratic clientele.
- Moved the business to 10 Panepistimiou Ave., where it remains today
- Opened in Paris.
- 22k gold with texture and colored stones.